advice on a foxface

kriscat2003

Reefing newb
I really want to add a one spot foxface to my tank. I have corals, a clown, firefish, banned coral shrimp, and a sailfin. But the problem I am having is that my husband thinks that a foxface is going to kill my because someone told him that they were very venomous. I have tried to argue otherwise but he wont listen. I am thinken that he will listen to more experience people so any advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

He's right about the rabbitfish being venomus.But its no more than a bee sting.Mines stung me a couple of times while I was trying to clean my tank.It hurt like hell for a few minutes,but some vinegar usually takes the sting out pretty quick.
As for the sting causing death.Its highly unlikely unless your highly allergic to bee stings.

Tell us a little more about your tank.Then we can help you a little more.

Its a 50 gal with 75 lbs of LR a bakpak2 protein skimmer and 2 PH. It has the 2 10k mh with actinics and lunars and a dual biofilter with a chiller I am allergic to bee stings that may by a problem!!!!

I have one. I would think it would out grown a 50 gal tank. The only time mine approches me is when it knows I'm going to put algae on a clip in the tank. All I do is tap the glass and he'll stay away until I'm done. When I put new coral in the tank he hides. He's never been a problem. He's one of my favorite fish. But if you are allergic to bees I would think twice.

Be aware that some foxfaces will tame down fairlly quick.Mine would chase my hands any time I tryed to work in the tank.He loved to nibble on the hairs on my arms.He never actually tryed to sting me,but all it takes is accidently touching one of those spines.
They are a great fish,and probably my all time favorite.But since your allergic,I dont think I would risk it.Lifes to short to take chances we dont have to.

Back