? About Zoo's

tcarroll

Reefing newb
I just put a little colony in my tank,are they that toxic?Seems to me what i am reading about them says they are.Whats yall's experience with them?Good or Bad?

It seems that they can irritate skin and possibly cause an allergic reaction. I have not had any adverse reactions to touching them but some people have. If you are afraid, wear some latex gloves.

Brian

They have a palytoxin that with certain people can be deadly.It's rare but always where gloves when handling corals.I have no bad experience with zoas for the most part except for some hitchhiker nudibranches that were feeding on them.With so many colors available,they are one of my favorite corals.

Not something to be freaked out about, just exercise caution, use gloves, or wash your hands after handling them. There really isn't a reason to handle the zoas themselves (most people don't frag zoas) as you can usually just handle them by the rock that they're attached to.

i have a quick question on zoas that i wanted to asked but i dint really want to start a new thread.
but any ways. what does it mean when thier tenticals are all droopy?

k i dont know if this is a joke or wat cuz they have pills for salt water
lol. but seriously i find when i feed them they are i guess "purky"
ia this normal??

Zoas don't really have a feeding response to direct feeding.They giet everything they need from the water and lights.Are you sure they are zoas at all?

Back