What to change powercompacts

those are real nice, now i hate to be picky but do they make anything similar that go under the canopy..... like open without all the plastic housing.... you know what i mean

You can get retrofit t5's

You can also build your own too if you have the inginuity. And with a name like Maguyver I'm assuming you do.:mrgreen:

You can get ballasts and bulbs from 1000bulbs.com some reflectors and such from various websites

i get that from my name allot lol i have the know how just don't know the ins and out like what ballasts to use, i have the reflector its on there now from the power compacts

Maguyver,you already linked to the best place to get a retrofit kit(Reef Geek).Give them a call,really good price for complete kits(ballast,wires,endcaps,bulbs,single lamp reflectors).Some are even prewired for you.

Personally,I would want to run at least 6 banks of t5.Since it will take 2 -36'' to run the length.You will need 12 total bulbs.

well guys i need some more help with selecting the ballast..... i mentioned before that a get a really really good deal at grainger but i have to do the foot work so i saw this ballast and thought i would run it threw the gurus 1st, what do you guys think and if not could you please help me find the right one on their site please with sugar on top lol

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2LMW8?Pid=search

Maguyver,the link you provide says it can run 2-54w(48'') T5 bulbs.My guess is it can run 3-39w(36'') T5 bulbs.

Daugherty linked to one that can run 4-39 watters at a much cheaper price.

Maguyver,the link you provide says it can run 2-54w(48'') T5 bulbs.My guess is it can run 3-39w(36'') T5 bulbs.

Not if it can only run a total of 2 bulbs. Doesnt matter about the total wattage if that is the case. And the number of bulbs listed is 2.

I am running the fulham workhorse ballast since it was a nice cheap alternative. It is running 4 x 24 watt 24" bulbs. But hey if his contact at grainger can get these for alot cheaper, then go with them. WHat ever you decide, post pics and if you have questions about wiring up a ballast, ask. I've wired up more than I can count. From old magnetic start t-12 to goofy ass t-2 bulbs.

Back