what to add?

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
Well its been close to 2 weeks and theres no sign of cycling so this weekend ill be adding my lawnmower blenny... i wont be adding any more fish for a while after but i do want to add some inverts/cleanup crew... Ill be adding some astrias and blue leg hermits, but what else can i add to diversify the tank?? emerald crab? anything else? any ideas?

An emerald crab and either a brittle star or serpent star would be okay. Nassarius snails are important for keeping the sand clean. After a couple months, you could add one or two shrimp.

so no shrimp at all for a couple months at least? also, im sure i skipped the cyle because i used water/lr from the LFS and they gave me water from their tank so it was already "mature water" or whatever, and cured LR

Shrimp are more sensitive than other inverts. I recommend adding them after your cleaner crew has been in for a few weeks to make sure that they have a better chance of survival.

Just make sure there are ZERO ammonia levels in your tank before adding inverts. Even high nitrates can be hard on inverts.

Back