What size Koralias?

graham82

Reefing newb
Koralias seem to be the favorite around here. I plan to get 2 of them, the question is what size should I put in a 29g? Thanks guys!

Is that enough movement if I want to put some some corals in there?
What kind of tank is it? 29 tall? Cube? I also have another 200 or so GPH coming from the return pump of the bio cube. I had originally put 2 nano's in mine and i could not get away from the sandstorm.Now down to1. The Nano really does some good flow. I would say yes on the corals.

Graham,

I have a 29 with (2) Koralia #1s.
The nano gave me no water movement for my LPS.

Here's a pic....... sorry, I just shot it while the lights were off....hey, check out my blenny on the Koralia to the right! :-)

I have (1) aimed at the surface, towards the back....the other (1) points down to the front glass of the bow and disperses.

IMG_6114.gif

Ok well I don't know if am going to get into LPS at this time but I will probably add a K-1 if I get into that area. Thanks for all the help guys. You're making this a lot easier.

I had a 29 set up and had a k2 in it. IMHO it was extremely lacking. Two number 2's or a number 2 and a number 1 would do great. in my 40 gal I have two k 2's one k 1 and a mJ 1200 and flow is just perfect.

I would deffinetly have atleast 1 number 2. I bet you anything you wont be happy unless you have atleast 1 number 2. They give good flow for a 29 and don't blow the sand around.

i think the K2's are horrible. The penatration of the flow really sucks. In my opinion a MJ 400 with the mod kit would be better.

dustin, ended up putting 4 k4's in it and using the k2's to circulate the bottom of the tank and behind the live rock. Im obsessed with flow. I thought about it and by the time i bought all those I could have got a couple tunzes and been done with it.

Koralias seem to be the favorite around here. I plan to get 2 of them, the question is what size should I put in a 29g? Thanks guys!

I have the 29G Biocube also. The nano koralias will not provide enough flow. The koralia 1s will, but they really look big and overwhelming in a 29G BC. I put 2 loc-lines on my output from chamber 3 with a rotating nozzle at the end of one loc line. I put a koralia 1 down low in the back corner providing flow under the LR. If you want to keep corals that need lots of flow you may have to just get 2 koralia 1s regardless of how they look.

Back