What are these??

Becca

Reefing newb
Not sure what this is, I thought it was a sponge but not sure?
na2.jpg

The next 2 picture are of some white things I have them on the glass and the back of the tank, they do not move and they look like tiny snail shells. They have been there for about 2 weeks?
NA.jpg

NA1.jpg

What kind of hermit is this, he was supposed to be a red leg but he looks nothing like my other red legs and he is killing my snails.
Hermit.jpg

Hermit1-1.jpg

I know that is a mushroom but what are the things behind it? The LFS where I got it told me they are button something but they never open or anything?
buttons.jpg

Red leg crabs can be different colors, and many crabs, even though there considered reef safe, will sometimes kill snails to get a larger shell to move into. You could try buying an assortment of shells, of all different sizes and place them in the tank, keep an eye on him and see if he stops killing the snails.

That looks like a Red Ball Sponge on melev's sponge ID page.
http://melevsreef.com/id/sponge.html

the things on the glass could be little jelly like things, See Here, i use to have a thousands on my glass. from what i understand is they will eventually disappear if that is indead what you have.

and im not sure on the tube like things by your mushrooms. sorry

That's definetly a sponge, get rid of the hermits if you want to keep snails. Even red legs will attack the snails for their shells. Not sure what kind that is I am sure someone will chime in. As for the shroom, it looks like it is too close to the button polyp that's why it probably doesn't come out.

well the shroom and buttons came like that.
What should I do?
Should I try to take the shrooms off I have never fraged anything before so that makes me a little scared to try and do that.

And yes they look like dots, I did the whole snowflake looking thing about a month ago lol

The buttons and the mushrooms are not on good terms one with another. The latter usually wins. This is likely the reason the buttons are closed. I would go with the separation. Don't be so afraid of that, it isn't the Middle Eastern issue.

i used to have those button polyp. i waited till m started to spread and then i return the rock i bought for some thing else:D

1)Sponge
2)Looks like copepods on the glass to me.Look closely,see if they move.
3)Many times female hermits don't have the color of males.It could still be a red legged hermit.Hermits are hermits,they tend to kill snails for there shells even if you have empty shells provided.
4)Proto-palythoas(common name button polyps)

Back