trigger?

dannyboy

PLUHH
Hi again, my tank, 75G w/ 29G sump/fuge will have completed it's cycle in I'd say another week. Original plan was for the usual few clowns, an angel, maybe a butterfly, but now I'm thinkin the extreme. Could I keep a niger trigger happily in a 75 and if so, could anything else survive with him?

You could keep a trigger in a 75. Since you are talking about keeping butterflies and angels, I'm assuming you know that you won't be able to keep corals with those guys? Triggers will eat shrimp, crabs, snails and small fish, but niger triggers are considered one of the safest types of triggers. I have a pink tailed trigger in my reef tank, and he's never bothered anyone else, but I keep him well fed. It's the luck of the draw whether or not the trigger will eat your other animals.

does he like a lot of room to swim, should I move a lot of the live rock down to the sump, (will be building a 55G soon) The one's I seen at lfs are all pretty small still so could manuver through the mountain of rock but when larger, they like there room? I'm asking you cuz your not trying to sell me 1 :)

Triggers are a hit or miss when it comes to putting it in a reef. I saw a lot of people had success with nigger trigger and pink tail.

ok, I can assume no, but could I keep 2 in this tank? as for the cleanercrew, anything he wont eat? I have no probs buying a cool fish cool food to eat, but something gotta clean up after...

Back