tomorrow...

Brian_G

overly obsessed
I am going to get a DI filter for my tank.

im curious as to what you all think

should i try to filter well water for my tank...or city water?

Virginia Beach city water is horrible btw. chlorine, flourine, etc... VAreef knows what im talking about

If you are using an RODI unit, it won't matter what type of water you start with. The water that comes out the end of the RODI unit will be 99.99% pure.

I am going to get a DI filter for my tank.

im curious as to what you all think

should i try to filter well water for my tank...or city water?

Virginia Beach city water is horrible btw. chlorine, flourine, etc... VAreef knows what im talking about

Oh yeah I lived in a 100 yr old building in downtown Norfolk. Nitrates on the tap water would vary between none and 80ppm. Look up Filter Direct. I just got a 85gpd RO/DI filter there for 140bucks roughly. Most places charge like 1$/gal so after the first 140 gallons your makin money. I used a di filter alone when I lived in VA. It would only make roughly 30 gallons per filter canister which ironically cost about 35bucks.

On a side note have ya seen Reef Chiefs new store? I moved before I got to see it open.

actually biff...

its just a 2 chambers. its large and he said in VB it should get about 400 gallons before I see any TDS.

one chamber is DI and the other is carbon i think. im not entirely sure. the entire assembly is about 2 feet tall.

I like the setup because it makes the water at 1 gal in and 1 gal out.

Then that's not an RODI filter. that's a DI filter. Not as good as a reverse osmosis-deionization setup is at removing nasties. It makes the water at that ratio because it's not purifying much-- the ions stick to a polymer bead, and because there's no waste stream, basically stay stuck. That means your DI filter won't last nearly as long as those of more traditional RODI units.

All the carbon does is remove colorants-- small organic molecules.

Hm... thanks for the info tanked. Maybe I will get An. rodi and use well water so I'm not wasting my parents city water.

yeah reef chief is definitely the best fish store around. by farrr.

too bad hes moving again out to suffolk va. hes going to run it out of a building beside a house he just bought. about 3 weeks left til moving day

he has already anounced some of it. haha

i picked up some stuff he wont carry at the new place like red sea test kits and stuff.

acans are going on sale $10 a head... zoos are already on sale really cheap. anything with little damage is going really cheap...im sure there will be more as he already said he doesnt want to move a lot of corals.

Back