The Change

BigH55

I'm that guy
I think my Emporer Angel is about to go through puberty. I'm noticing the top of him starting to lighten and his size has gained pretty rapidly. I also noticed a little bit of hair under his fins. Are these good signs that he may be changing. BTW i was joking about the hair, but I did find some tissues and some jergens by his cave.

the size of the fish really has nothing to do with when itll change. look for lightening on the face, the bands to start breaking and fading, lightening of the blue at the top towards the tail, and also look for acne

Thats awesome mine looks like the first or second pic. i hope he makes it to the adult markings. Ive always wanted to raise one into an adult. A LFS has one named PEtey who will eat out of your hand. Hes about 12" and about 15 yrs old.

I know. Im happy with the way he is but knowing how pretty they can be makes me want it to happen. Either way I still love the fish. its my favorite and he quite social and eats anything except pellets.

glad to hear your emp is changing . I have had my koran for a year and a half now. he was just a little guy so im still waiting. but im excited about it.

Back