Tangs in a 55

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Good? bad? I've read that they need lots of space to swim, but can they be kept in a 55 if the tank is very lightly stocked?

Wife feel in love with a yellow and regal tang at my LFS. Can't see it being that good of an idea.

Depends on the tang. A yellow would be fine in a 55, a regal, probably not. Some of the smaller tangs will do okay. Yellow eye kole tang is another slow grower that would be fine in a 55.

How quickly do they grow? I have a really nice relationship with my LFS to where I can take fish back for store credit. They've actually given my dad more money for his fish than he paid, just because it had gotten larger. What sucks, is that yellow tangs are like 75$ there. I didn't even ask about the regals.

How quickly do they grow? I have a really nice relationship with my LFS to where I can take fish back for store credit. They've actually given my dad more money for his fish than he paid, just because it had gotten larger. What sucks, is that yellow tangs are like 75$ there. I didn't even ask about the regals.

dang. they are like 2 dollars in guam. i wish i could ship these guys out

dang. they are like 2 dollars in guam. i wish i could ship these guys out

Damn! My LFS is known for having stupid high prices. It's 40$ for a simple clownfish. But some of there stuff is pretty decent. They have a hunk of torch coral the size of a basketball there for 50$.

Regals grow pretty quick.Plus they tend to come down with ick if you even look at em cross eyed.
In a 55,you might look at an Atlantic Blue.Get a juvi,that way you can see it change to its adult colors.

Back