T5 Bulbs

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Well, I got my Aquatinics T5 fixture and I hate the color combo that I picked out. It looks too whitish/pink. I want a brilliant white with a hint of blue. This is a serious let down, I am pretty bumbed out. Nothing has ever gone right with this hobby:frustrat:Ok, I will stop crying.

This is what I got.

Aquablue
Superactinic
Blue Plus
Aquablue

Those with T5's what color combo did you get?

i'm not a lighting expert. but, i would ditch the 65k and the blue plus for two 10k's. i'm sure reef will chime in here in a minute, he's the t-5 guru around here.

6500K! Whew! That's gonna look pretty washed out. I used to have 10K, but even those looked too washed out for me. I'm upgrading to 20K next time I change out my bulbs.

Too whitish-yellowish looking. No colors! You will be amazed at how putting a different bulb in your lights can make a coral look totally different.

Who gave you that recommendation or was it your own?
Whats the K for the Aquablue....12k?

This is mine which for me looks awesome awesome!Its hard to describe the look.Its bluish,pinkish,purplish color.Even corals that are brown pop.

ATI Blue Plus
Sfilijois Super Actinic
UV Aquasun 10k(pink bulb)
ATI Blue Plus
GE 3000k
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special 12k

If its not blue enough then go with 14k instead of the Aquablue(12k) or change one of the aquablues with a 20k.You can always call reekgeek for their recommendation.

Grim recommends the 6500k because its best for corals.If the bulb is too yellow than go 10k.Sorry,I can't help more,what I see with my eyes isn't necessary what you see.

Grim recommends the 6500k because its best for corals.If the bulb is too yellow than go 10k.Sorry,I can't help more,what I see with my eyes isn't necessary what you see.

I know, it's tough to choose someone else's bulbs for them. I think I am going to change out the 2 aquablue's for 2 actinic whites. The purplish/pink color is coming from the aquablue's. I wish in the product description they would state what color they will burn at:frustrat:I meen with the name aquablue you would think it would be blue, but it really is a light purple.

I figured out a combo. Tom from aquatinics actually called me to help. What a great guy.

Aquaz ocean pro
Blue Plus
Blue Plus
Aquaz ocean pro

Hopefully these will work out.

Cool!
I talked to Tom on several occasions,cool dude.He even email me pics of his 180g with the same fixture I have.Awesome,awesome tank.
I love to see what it looks like when you get them.What kind of bulb is the AquaZ ocean pro?

Cool!
I talked to Tom on several occasions,cool dude.He even email me pics of his 180g with the same fixture I have.Awesome,awesome tank.
I love to see what it looks like when you get them.What kind of bulb is the AquaZ ocean pro?

I will definatly post some pics. It is a white/tint of blue looking bulb. Tom actually uses the ocean pro.

Back