T-5 Light

SeaBee

Ha Ha Thats Funny!
I've been wanting to upgrade my light, I have a Current PC fixture that I love, but apparently T-5's are the shit now. So I've been looking and looking and I really don't want to spend $400 on a light. I want at least 4 bulbs and moonlights, I know, moonlights but we really like the look of them. I found this seemingly cheap light on ebay, the only thing I notice is the reflectors don't look super-polished. But the price seems fantastic. So before I order I wanted the opinion of you guys....:shock:

48" 4ft T5 HO Marine Reef Aquarium Light 216W 4 Bulbs - eBay (item 290390629493 end time Feb-10-10 20:43:22 PST)

I kinda think so too. The description says "highly polished reflector" - that means it has a single reflector over all 4 light tubes. Not the best IMO. Individual reflectors over each light tube will concentrate more light down into the tank.

That would handle mushrooms, zoas, palys, some LPS - mostly low light or medium light corals. If you want to have SPS or clams I'd look for about 100--150w more light.

I don't know what I really need. Right now I have 4 CF lamp at 65 W each, so 260 W at full daylight, everything seems just fine, but all I have are zoas and star pol. and leathers and stuff like that. Thought it wass too good to be true. I keep falling back the the current brand with 4 bulbs and moonlights, guess I need to save more moolah....I didn't reall like the legs on that one, looks like they clamp on and can't put the glass back on after that. Current seems to be the only one with all I need/afford bracket.

What am I going to do with that? My light bill is already crazy!!! Nice light though. But I like the blue actinic lamp stuff so I can turn it down at night 'cause it's like a ufo landing in my dining room... I'll find it, but I think I might use a t 5 with add on moonlights...

Back