Surge protector

lilduud

Reefing newb
How importan is an adequate surge protector... I can never recall using one for expensive equipment nor loosing any to "surges and spikes". Apparently the power strip I purchased is not of adequate protection.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002GL50Q?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1]Amazon.com: American DJ PC-100A 8 Channel Power Strip with Lighted Toggles: Musical Instruments: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Having a surge protector is really up to you. If you do get a power surge, can you afford to replace all of the electronic equipment in your tank? I know I can't, I'd rather spend $50-100 on a really good surge protector and have to replace that after a surge then all of my tank stuff.
That thing you're using is basically just a normal power strip with switches, it won't protect your stuff. I have one, and my plugs into my surge protector.

Having a surge protector is really up to you. If you do get a power surge, can you afford to replace all of the electronic equipment in your tank? I know I can't, I'd rather spend $50-100 on a really good surge protector and have to replace that after a surge then all of my tank stuff.
That thing you're using is basically just a normal power strip with switches, it won't protect your stuff. I have one, and my plugs into my surge protector.

Hah then I'll just get a single surge protector. Which do you have?

Man, mines older. I got it from Best Buy a few years ago but I don't think they well it anymore. You should check out the Phillips ones that they sell, the ones I've seen come with warranties your equipment up to a certain amount of money in case the protector fails.

well now that i have this power terminal, is there any single or perhaps double surge-proof outlet? i dont want to have to buy a whle strip if i can just make the one i have now work with a single gfci

Back