love my reef
Ok this is what I put in my tank

Daily DKH Pro buffer
Daily Iodine
Every other week essential elements
every 3 days phyto plex
every 4 days strontium & molybenum

does that sound about right? or does any one have any advice

I don't add Cal because my cal is high I did add purple up yesterday but I have not added that for quiet a while :^:

do you test for all those things (except phyto plex ofcourse) before adding them? I was told don't add anything to your tank you don't test for because it could do more harm than good.

Add up how much each bottle of the stuff your using costs. That's how much $ you wasted needlessly. Absolutely none of it is needed. If you need to boost your pH, go to the grocery store and buy Arm&Hammer Baking Soda.

Stop ALL dosing.
Start doing 25% water changes every 3 or 4 days. Don't test anything (except sg) and don't dose anything. Do that for 3-4 weeks and test your water again.

btw....PurpleUp adds calcium, very little, but it does add some. It's basically ground up aragonite in a weak calcium solution.

I gotta agree with Capt.
Your just wasting your hard earned money on all the stuff your dosing.Your salt already has all that stuff except for the phytoplex.And there's probably enough phytoplankton thats alive in our tanks to take care of that.

All my filter feeders have grown like crazy well before I started putting phytoplex in there. More than anything, filter feeders need light to cause photosynthesis to thus make their food.

I wouldn't add anything to the tank unless you test for it. Normal water changes replenishes everything needed.

Back