Stingray

Yeah, they grow pretty fast too. Small tanks are fine when they are juvis, but you need to be able to plan ahead with fast-growing predators like that.

nice looking ray :) hopefully you have some tank size upgrade plans for the near future? they grow pretty fast!

rays are related to sharks and skates so the feeding schedule/menu would be the same... squid, mussels, crab on occasion, silversides, and basically anything that you would put into your tank as food that will fit into HALF the size of his mouth (this allows room for them to swallow because their throat is 1/2 the size of their mouth opening). feed ever 2-3 days depending on how large he is and how much hes eating during each feeding. :) a size on him would be a good help so we could tell you how much and how often to feed... id say you're pretty good with the 2-3 day schedule tho

Wow! Thanks for the replys...I was worried about my tank size too and my LFS said for this species my 55 would be ok. He is fully grown already...about 4" around and about 6" tip to tail. I feed him one squid cube per day...but he begs for two!

Wow! Thanks for the replys...I was worried about my tank size too and my LFS said for this species my 55 would be ok. He is fully grown already...about 4" around and about 6" tip to tail. I feed him one squid cube per day...but he begs for two!

What kind of stingray is he?

Back