Star ID

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
can anyone Id this starfish I saw at the LFS I know its a dumpy pic
100_0281.jpg

It was dark brown with lighter brown "horns" of fleshy skin on top of it.

Good Janell wanted me to get it for my tank and I really dont want it. They are really cool to watch their movements though, all of the hundreds of "legs" moving independantly towards a common direction.

anytime your girlfriend likes a fish or coral that you don't like then just tell her that it isn't reef safe and that it will eat all the other fish and corals. If you feel bad about lying then it's her own fault that she doesn't research it for herself.

anytime your girlfriend likes a fish or coral that you don't like then just tell her that it isn't reef safe and that it will eat all the other fish and corals. If you feel bad about lying then it's her own fault that she doesn't research it for herself.

Thats the trick I use when me wife actually points out a fish the she likes.But all the fish she like aint reef safe no way.

I really dont think that is a chacolate chip. CC stars don't have spikes on their side like that and the horns are dark brown were as the rest of the body is light. Can you get a better pic. I have a CC and it looks nothing like the side of that do, however, if it does have horns or big spikes then it is not reef safe. Or so I have read. I will post a pic of mine in a minute.

Back