Some help with marine epoxy

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
I've used something really similar to this stuff before, never in an aquarium. And I've never mounted anything with it. How much do I need to use? Is it better to use a lot more than just what's necessary? Like with superglue, to get anything to stick I find I have to use a ton of the stuff...

As a side note, anything else to think about when using this? I'm just going to bump my collection cup up a good bit...not sure if I need to do anything else.

Nope, just use the kind that comes in a stick. Make sure that it's safe for potable water and will cure underwater. I usually end up having to use a lot. It doesn't really stick things together, but it hardens in place, so I've found the best way to glue stuff down is to "trap" part of the rock underneath the epoxy.

Nope, just use the kind that comes in a stick. Make sure that it's safe for potable water and will cure underwater. I usually end up having to use a lot. It doesn't really stick things together, but it hardens in place, so I've found the best way to glue stuff down is to "trap" part of the rock underneath the epoxy.

OK, that's what I was thinking too, but wasn't sure how it worked.

Back