SO EXCITED!!!!1!one!!! *new tank alert

cgoodman381

can i put whtever i want?
Reaction score
So everyone has found great deals on craigslist and iv joined the ranks!

The other day i posted a 150g for $500 that seemed like a good deal, but im browsing around today and i find a 200g tank w/stand, drilled with some other stuff for $400. Tomorrow morning im grabbing money and going to check it out before i buy, but i hope it goes well. =) was sooo excited thought it share it on here :bounce::^::bounce::^::bounce::Cheers:

Sounds like a great deal to me. Yet another reason why patience is the greatest thing in this hobby.

Hopefully it all works out for you. Be sure to take plenty of pics for us when you get it.

Sounds good to me! What does it come with?

Not sure exactly, thats why i need to go check it out asap. The girl i spoke with said that it was her sisters who is recently deceased and she doesnt know to much about tanks. So a quick 45 min drive and we will see what it comes with. It was completely set up in the house they picked it up from so im guessing everything.

Wow, taking a tank from a dead person. If I wasn't so terrified of getting bad karma, I'd say that since the seller has no idea about the value of what they're selling, you could easily talk down the prices! "Oh, this skimmer is worth $40, at the MOST!!"... But that would be kinda creepy and dishonest and the ghost of the dead person would probably come back and flood your house or set it on fire or something...

Wow, taking a tank from a dead person. If I wasn't so terrified of getting bad karma, I'd say that since the seller has no idea about the value of what they're selling, you could easily talk down the prices! "Oh, this skimmer is worth $40, at the MOST!!"... But that would be kinda creepy and dishonest and the ghost of the dead person would probably come back and flood your house or set it on fire or something...

Haha yea, thats the last thing i need is some dead spirit lady causeing more problems with my tanks.

And im not taking it from a dead person..... right? im taking it from the dead persons sister :death:

but if the dead person was like us and loved her reef then you would be getting good karma for taking it over.

So I went to look at it today. Pretty much what i was expecting.

Comes with tank/stand/sump/pump and lighting. (pretty low lighting though)

The tank is in ok shape, definetly needs some cleaning. The stand needs a good sanding and a new paint job, but other then that it seems ok.

What do you guys think, still a great deal? I also talked them down to 350.

And im not sure on the flow type it has, i didnt see any powerheads, it looks a lot like:
http://www.saltwater-aquarium-online-guide.com/image-files/aquarium_set_page.jpg

well im still debating whether i should grab this tank up or not.

I talked with the GF about it and have been thinking about it... something that large requires a lot of money. Just the start up cost alone for rock and sand would be nuts. Meh, still thinking on it :grumble:

you can always take it real slow and get pieces when you find good deals instead of rushing to get all the equipment and rocks and sand within the first weeks.

Buy it! It can sit for a year while you save for it in all actuality its a great deal though!

Back