Small slit in Sailfin's fin

Northstar24

The Tang Herder
Came home from work and found a slight slit in the top fin of my, that wasn't there last night. He's been in the tank two weeks and there has not been any signs of fighting up to this point. The tang is acting normally and eating like a pig, is the slit in the fin anything to worry about?

I ask because I leave at 4 AM tomorrow for my honeymoon, and if I have to leave special instructions for my babysitter I need to get them together.

Water parameters are all good, and there are the following inhabitants in the tank

1 Yellowtail Damsel
3 Green Chromis
2 Ocellaris clowns
1 Sailfin tang
about 20 snails of various types
1 Coral banded Shrimp, but he lives behind one rock and has yet to come out, been in the tank for about a week.

I dont know how the tang got the slit, but my guess is either the Yellowtail or the CBS. I would imagine that if it were the shrimp, the Chromis and the Damsel would be the first victims because they sleep in the same part of the tank that the CBS lives in, and I've checked the tank at night on several occasions and I swear the tang doesn't sleep - he's always bombing around the tank

Back