should i clean sand

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ok so i bought 7 bags of 5lbs ultra reef sand and 2/20lbs of natures ocean sand am i suppose to "wash" the sand or can i just put the sand in the aquarium and turn off the filter until it settlesat the bottom, i also bought 15lbs of LR its in a bucket i want to add sand first before i crack the bottom glass lol:bounce:

Read the instructions on the bags. If it's live sand, you don't want to wash it. Otherwise, you can rinse it out in clean water. Personally, I don't really think it matters too much, your water will get cloudy no matter what.

Read the instructions on the bags. If it's live sand, you don't want to wash it. Otherwise, you can rinse it out in clean water. Personally, I don't really think it matters too much, your water will get cloudy no matter what.

AGH SORRY PEOPLE I THINK I BECAME WAY TO DEPENDANT ON YOU'LL i forgot to read the instruction :frustrat:

how could i resist y'all been so helpful :claphands

Hahahaha. It's okay. I find it funny sometimes, so many people ask "How much of this additive should I add to my tank?" and the answer is always, "However much the bottle says to add for a tank your size..."

Plus, there's usually someone on here all the time to answer questions right away, we are easy to get info out of :)

Back