Should i buy this set up???

redsurfer

Reef Murse
So I found this set up on CL and am debating if i should get it. so it comes with...
an oceanic biocube 29 HQI
Stand
Digital timer
Refugium LED light
Metal halide with 6 month old radium 250 watt 20k
20 lbs live rock
2 true percula
I cleaner shrimp
Jäger heater
Elos skimmer for biocube
Stock return pump

all for $300. I would have to drive and hour to pick it up and and hour back home so that is a whole other concern (if you have any suggestions I would love them!)
What do you think? oh and here are some pictures he sent.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 183
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 182
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 181
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 185
If everything with the description checks out then I'd say it's an amazing deal. The tank and stand alone brand new cost $570. And the only thing that really stands out to me is that he says it comes with a 250w radium bulb but, the Biocube HQI only comes with a 150w light fixture.

well i got a 75 with stand and canopy,4 t12 VHO lights on a icecap 660 balast,sump with return pump,2 marineland 660 power heads,and overflow,and 2 more pumps rated 1100lph all for 350

I think that is a great deal. Looks like it needs a little TLC to deal with the algae but you can get it right as rain with a little bit of work!

But i would check out the bulb situation like BL1 suggested.

Definately a good deal. It looks like it might be an aftermarket viper lighting setup. If so that just sweetens the pot a little more.

Well I went and picked it up this morning! Whoohooo!!! I am super stoked! I got everything for $275 and it is all set up. I checked all the levels ( the salinity took really long to get right it was 1.030 and i got it down to 1.024 with a lot of work.) and now she is coming out of the "fog". :)

Oh dear. Changing the salinity that fast might end up killing everything. In this hobby you only want to make slow, steady changes. Keep a close eye on everything!

Back