Rowaphos

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
Who has used this stuff before? I added it to my media chamber in my skimmer about a week ago. Has anybody else seen good results with this product? If so, how long until you started seeing results?

I don't use Rowaphos...it's too expensive. I use GFO from bulkreefsupply. It's the same stuff, but alot cheaper.
Anyway, for best results it should be used in a reactor with slow flow so the gfo tumbles inside it. Why are you using it? If it's for an algae problem, depending on how much you used, it may need to be changed every week or so.
I started using it about a year ago. I was starting to get macro algae sprouting up on some of the rock. Since I've had most of the rock in my tank 20 years, I figured they had to absorb some phosphate. About 2 months after I start using it, the macro disappeared.

Alexander instead of running GFO of some type why not try jacking your mag to 1500+ for a couple of weeks. At the end of two weeks you will see noticeable shrinking of your algae and at the end of a month Im betting its gone.

Back