Rock question...

Sir Alex

Dragon the eel (below)
I'm planning on getting 150 pounds of dry rock from marcorocks.com and the mortar kit. This is how I have my tank set up right now: All of my rock on one side (about 40 pounds) and a pvc pipe on the other. I was thinking I could just plaster the rocks together then put them where the pipe was. But then I realize that it's going to weigh 150 pounds...

What should I do? I want it to be sturdy because my eel is really strong and doesn't know his own size...

Ohhhhh....

I guess the best thing to do is to separate the rocks in to 4 or 5 different clumps then just stack them up? I just wanted to know if there was a safer way to do it.

you could mortar them into 40-50 pound sections then move them into the tank. I think 50 pounds would be a bit much for your eel to knock over.

i would say if you made your base structure wide and mortared it good you could get away with less then 40 lbs per section,just try to make some caves or something

when I oredered mine from Marc I called him and specified what sizes I wanted.. told him my plan and asked him for more of the football sized rock so I had enough for a nice wide base.. He was very accomadating and great to deal with....

Back