Rock and hard place.

yote

In Memoriam
I just noticed this morning that 2 of my favorite corals arent doing so hot.Well,actually noticed it a couple of weeks ago and been trying to figure out what was going on.:grumble:
Well,this morning I found out .My favorite fish,copper the copperband, is eatting to polyps of my green digitata and purple stylo.He's pretty much wiped both colonies out.:frustrat:
Now I'm torn between taking copper out or waiting to see if takes a liking to my acros.I hate to get rid of the fish because I just hit the 4 month mark with a fish that most have die in a month.Not mention,I've personally watched copper snack on flat worms.
Get rid of copper for 2 colonies thats already gone?
Or keep him and hope he stays away from my acros?:confused::12:

IT just sucks either way thats a hard choice your corals or favorite fishies, Joe its time for a FOWLR! Not just tell ur wife that!

Thats a tough choice.Its not everyday somebody keeps a copperband alive.If you bring it back some moron will buy it without knowledge of their difficulties.

I say give Copper a second chance.

I say, keep it and feed more often to keep him happy so he will avoid the corals. CBB are just not that common to keep alive. Lord knows I have killed half a dozen in my day

-Doc

More vote keep copper than to trade him.So I guess I'll watch him close.But the first acro I see him take a bite out of,his tail is traded.

CBB are such a beautiful fish that i can see where your dilemma is. I agree with giving him a 2nd chance and if he continues to nip at coral then trade him in.

Coppers have one loving passion and that is to eat Apitasia. If you have a local reef society put him/her in rotation amongst their member's tanks and your copper will be in , as Yote would say, pig heaven. I am sure you would make many friends that way.

Coppers have one loving passion and that is to eat Apitasia. If you have a local reef society put him/her in rotation amongst their member's tanks and your copper will be in , as Yote would say, pig heaven. I am sure you would make many friends that way.

Thats actually called hawg heaven:D
Problem is,I wouldnt trust anybody else with copper.

What is it with green digi? My flame angle didn't touch nothing but my green digi and since the coral was new and I liked, had to sell the fish. I even tried feeding the fish before I got rid of her but right after she ate and was full and fat, she took another jab at the digi so I had to put the nail in the coffin.

Divorces are hard, even with fish. Turn her out, make her work for her own living before she takes you for everything. Just look at her as a really pretty "bad" woman, and let her go cause good destruction.

Divorces are hard, even with fish. Turn her out, make her work for her own living before she takes you for everything. Just look at her as a really pretty "bad" woman, and let her go cause good destruction.

Interesting take on it

Back