RO/DI Recommendations?

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I need to invest in an RO/DI unit and need some recommendations! In the process of reading reviews for the various brands, I found a good thread on another site that very strongly recommended the SPECTRA PURE ULTRA-HIGH EFFICIENCY RO/DI SYSTEM (MC-RODI-100UHE) - AquaCave but honestly I can't afford to pay almost $900 for an RO/DI unit. I was hoping to pay closer to $250-$300. Spectra Pure makes a less pricey unit SPECTRA PURE MAXCAP RO/DI SYSTEM (MC-RODI) - AquaCave that sounds pretty similar in the description but honestly I can't seem to locate a ton of info on specifics about what stage does what and what materials are used, etc. Does anyone here have experience with this less pricey unit? Any other brands that you use and like (or conversely brands I should avoid?)

Thanks!!

I have the Maxpure MPDI 90gpd from spectrapure. I bought the refurb they have on special and the only way to tell its no brand new is that it didnt have the original box. It came with all paperwork , fittings, etc. that the new would have. It has worked great, I get 0 TDS on every batch. Here is the link for it if interested.

MAXPURE MPDI SYSTEM

Back