question....

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
stray voltage how do i test for it i have a voltmeter what settings do i set it to and where do i apply the prongs to test

i tested for voltage!!!!!!!!!!!!!, ok so i stuck one into the ground of the house and off the bat mine picked up 3volts without stickin the other one in the tank and so i then stuck the other one in the tank an my voltage jumped to 25volts......

oddly all my coral are great they double in size fast but leathers and other stuff of that sort dont do well at all.... about my voltage thing i also disconnected everything and i re-tested and i still got 25volts! keep in mind i just tested for fun not because stuff is goin wrong so should i leave it be??? or how can i remove the voltage??!?!?

What did you set the meter on?
Should be 120DC.The stick the ground probe(black)into the ground on the outlet.The the red probe goes into the water(just the metal tip).
If your reading voltage without the probe in place,the meters either not set right,or you stuck it in the hot leg of the outlet.

dang you beat me to it. I was like ooh i just did this!

Hopefully you figure out exactly what is causing your issues if you are in fact having issues. Stray voltage is not a good thing at all. Imagine if you were getting constantly shocked

I was always taught not to stick anything in an outlet. More or less I'm a chicken to do it. lol I'll have hubby do it.

Back