Question

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
OK So I'm going on vacation soon and my new tank requires a lot less matience because it has an auto top off and skimmer.

I'm going to transfer all my corals which are many LPS and softies

I know it's too easy but I have to because my 12 gallon flucuates a lot and I don't want the person who's watching it to mess it up or something and I don't want them to have to come every day and with the 34 they can come just every other or so.

SO the big question, I'm adding Seachem Stability to the tank to help it mature quicker and my nitrate is around 15, should I just add the corals or should I use Seachem Prime or this other product I can't remember to get rid of the nitrate

I've never of heard of that Seachem stability.If you have zero ammonia and nitrite.Transfer the water and corals over to the new tank.Use a cupful of sand from the old system too.You should be fine then.

don't use bioballs. there is no need if you have enough rock to grow the bacteria. It can cause problems if you have both. I would only use bioballs if I was running a fish-only tank, like when I get my shark tank. Rock takes up too much room they need to swim and the bioballs act just like LR in the sump

-Doc

Since your going on vacation.Take the bio-balls out.
Like Doc said,with enough rock,you dont need em.Plus they will cause nitrate problems unless you give em a good cleaning on a regular basis.

Back