Purple up

Gizmo

Reefing newb
Have any of you guys ever used purple up, or kent marine purple tech? I don't ussually use bottled additives of any sort, but does this stuff work? and can it have any negative effects on water quality?

I've heard mixed results, but it's possible the ones who got the coralline would've gotten coralline anyway w/o it. Others have said it did nothing but cloud up their water. Plus I think it makes your skimmer act up for a while. I had a bottle, but never used it.

Cute fert!!! I miss mine.

Purple Up is calcium mixed with finally ground sand; it doesn't actually contain any coralline -- so it's nothing that you don't already have in your tank. :) I have used it, and saw good results, but I can't say that I wouldn't have seen the exact same thing had I not spent money on the additive. It's up to you if you want to use it; it's not going to hurt anything if you dose according to the instructions.

I use it in my tank. As long as u follow instructions you will be fine. But like the others said it doesn't star the coralline. It just helps promote growth.

Yea, I just want it to spread faster.

Trust me, after 6 months you will be cursing it as it takes over the glass and you constantly have to scrape it off. I'd just get yourself some good coralline covered live rock and maintain good chemistry, it will spread no problem

Back