Poor Chalupa the Ric!!!!

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
Chalupa is having a rough time!!! I figured he would be attached to his rock by now, but Noooo of course not!!! The serpent star keeps sweeping him off the rock and even grabbed him last night and tried to pull him into it's lair!!! How do I glue him? Just superglue to the rock like a frag ??? Chalupa would appreciate any advice!!!
Gracias!!!!

I've done the superglue thing and it works fine. Except for the superglue on your fingers.
Ask Biff about that one. :lol:

I agree with the rubber band idea...it could be kinda tricky trying to glue it, due to it producing slime while being handled.

I've always pulled them from the tank, placed them in a container with rock rubble, and then into the sump. Within a few days they attach themselves and then you can place them.

Poor Chalupa!! That ric had better be tuff is all I can say. They are most interesting I must say. I switched the tank light on to take those zoa pics for Dana and here's what he was doing:
4099a4f7.jpg

Apparently they tuck themselves in themselves at night. Either that or Evil Wicked Mean Nasty the serpent star has been grabbing at him again

Your ric wont shrivel up like this but it will def shrink when the lights are off. This is my purple yuma

2010_1116DoorCounty20100404.jpg

Its interesting to see how small some corals get at night and then blow up during daylight. I woulda suggested a dab of superglue gel as long as the shroom had a piece of rubble on his foot. Always worked for me. It will be slippery but i suggest holding the shroom in your palm upside down....dab it with glue....gently place a piece of LR to it, hold for a few second and rotate back to normal upside right? lol then take a lil water from your tank and drizzle over the shroom and LR. Place back in tank. Shrooms zoa's, paly's can be out the water for longer periods than most corals. Experiment with diff things and find what works for you. Thats one of the beauties of this hobby.

Back