Placing Frags

NO! Don't buy it at your LFS. Get epoxy putty at Home Depot, Lowe's or Ace Hardware. It's only a couple of bucks for a tube of it. You can buy the *special* aquarium epoxy at your LFS, but it costs around $20 and it's the same stuff.

I use epoxy myself,I never had good luck with super glue gel.I always use aquarium safe epoxy.Its around 6-8 bucks online(DrFostersmith,Big Al's etc)

I like the "balancing act" method, where you have several smaller pieces of LR that you use to brace the corals onto the larger rocks. The leathers and star polyps are good and stuck in a couple of weeks. It is so much more frustrating doing it my way, but I also like the puzzle effect. I also then have the freedom to move rocks around without fear of killing my corals. Just my :twocents:

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I like the "balancing act" method, where you have several smaller pieces of LR that you use to brace the corals onto the larger rocks. The leathers and star polyps are good and stuck in a couple of weeks. It is so much more frustrating doing it my way, but I also like the puzzle effect. I also then have the freedom to move rocks around without fear of killing my corals. Just my :twocents:

I think you do it just because if your fish ever do a 180 on your corals you can evacuate the corals with little effort......lol:mrgreen:

you could be onto something there Hawk. If my angels ever do a 180, I will have no place to put my $1,000 worth of corals. Do you have any room in your tank? I am looking for housing in case the worst happens...

Back