Pink light

qxcontinuum

Reefing newb
Hi i have a question.
I curently have T8 tubes 2 actinic blue and 2 day light. In total 160 watt
But i have an old T5 set up Pink. I was thinking to ad pink to all these.
Q: is Pink color good for reef? Can it affect the corallines or coral growt?

My protein Skimmer Venturi hang on back, stays without proprer function 2,3 days everytime when the tank level modifies. What can I do?

Have someone tried the Pond pump with UV from hme depot?
It costs only 170$ (cool)

Pink colored lights are for fresh water. That specturm will make bad algae grow like crazy in a salt tank. As far as the skimmer, well about the only thing you can do is adjust the skimmer or your water level daily to keep it working correctly. What type of skimmer is it? I looked at the pond pumps from home depot a while back. The only thing you need to make sure of is that there is no exposed metal. Saltwater makes rust a heck of a lot faster then fresh. The other thing you need to look at is the amount of flow going through the unit. With a uv slower is better. The pond filters are mainly designed for just killing algae. A slower dwell time will give you a better kill rate and will be effective against parasites. However in my opion any uv is better then no uv if you are having a algae problem.

Are you topping off your evaporated water with fresh water every day? Not only will that help your protein skimmer work better, but it keeps the salinity of the tank more stable.

What brand of protein skimmer did you get? If it's a cheap or crappy brand, it may just not work well no matter what you do :(

it's a crapy one. But weird, in the beginning when i've got it it did work and i use to empty the cup a quarter each two days with green stuff (algae).
I have removed the sponge from the pump.
The foam comes only to the top, i can see it but is thick and it won't reerse well in the cup.

:-(

Is there a way to adjust the height of the cup or the height of the water up to the cup?

Yes i can pull it up but cannot lowered down.
Yes i have an air admision valve, by cutting the air i can increase the volume of the water in the skimmer.

But i think it's better to get more air in order to skim good. Isnt'it?

Back