Oops... food defrosted

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
Yup, i accidentally left a whole pack of marine cuisine cubes on the counter overnight. Totally thawed. I threw it back in the freezer but I'm guessing that I need to throw it out? The cubes are individually packed and unopened.

I always see it as better to waste a few dollars on food than risk it and hurt livestock that cost much much more. Its probably fine... But I'm paranoid like that and I just throw it away when it happens because it has happened to me too. We all have our moments.

I gotta agree with Alexander.I wouldnt risk it.

I accidently left some in a coffee cup one morning.My wife set her cup next to the one with the fish food.And you can guess how it went from there.

I accidently left some in a coffee cup one morning.My wife set her cup next to the one with the fish food.And you can guess how it went from there.

oh yuck! i am not a morning person and that probably wouldnt help....lol but would make for a great laugh later.

i wouldnt risk it but im kind of paranoid about things and am so unsure about whats right and whats wrong because i dont know much i may go over the top.

ewwwwwww... haha

yeah, ok. I figured, but thought i'd ask just incase.
It was only $4.95. I just have to drive back to the store. :)

its happened to me before too but i just put the unopened ones back in the freezer. Nothing happened, food was still good. As long as no air can get in, i think it will be ok after one day.

Thats just my experience, im not saying reuse it, im just saying nothing happened to me when i reused the food after it was out for a day.

I gotta agree with Alexander.I wouldnt risk it.

So, is the couch lumpy? :mrgreen:

I'd say so long as the cubes were still cold, or at least cool, it wouldnt be a problem. but yes, livestock is much more expensive to replace.

Back