Omg help!!!!!!

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
Our power is out due to a fallen tree on our dirt road. My tank is going to be w/out air or heat for about 8 hours!!!! I checked the temp and it is at 78. It has a full hood on it. Only have snails n zoas

The two biggest concerns are temperature and water circulation. Wrap the tank with blankets and comforters to keep it insulated and try to keep your house warm. Since you only have snails and zoas, they should be fine without circulation for that time. Good luck, I hope they fix it soon!

The last 4 years here we have bad ice storms and power was out for at least 2 weeks each storm,this is the first winter with my tanks and im buying a cheepo generator just for them

Yup, definitely a good idea to have a generator and battery operated powerheads.
If it really does come back on within that time frame, you should be fine temp wise too. The drop in temp should be slow enough and same bringing it back up.

Yup, definitely a good idea to have a generator and battery operated powerheads.
If it really does come back on within that time frame, you should be fine temp wise too. The drop in temp should be slow enough and same bringing it back up.

Haha heehee hoho. Guess what. I have a generator. That is locked up tighter n ft Knox in the 2 story garage that ONLY has a remote to open the door!!!! Going to tell Dana to get the damn gennie out of the frigging garage

Ok. Tank was w/out power and heat from @ 9am until just a few minutes ago. I made sure all the lights were on, including the fuge lamp. Checked the temp. It's at 71. But now it should climb back to normal. Makes me glad I don't have anything delicate in there!!!! Lol!!!

Last edited:
Haha heehee hoho. Guess what. I have a generator. That is locked up tighter n ft Knox in the 2 story garage that ONLY has a remote to open the door!!!! Going to tell Dana to get the damn gennie out of the frigging garage

I know how that goes... I don't have a key to the pole barn and my husband refuses to give me one... lol

Back