New RO/DI Filters

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
I have a Bulk Reef Supply 5 stage RO/DI unit. It's made by GE. I need to get some new filters. Do you guys generally buy them online or at Home Depot or Lowes? I can find all the filters, but I can't find the De-ionization filter...Do you resommend I buy the filters online? or is there something I'm missing?

what I can't find is the DI Resin.

I'd like to get it today if possible. I hate ordering stuff via mail.

Last edited:
Last I looked at HD or Lowes, the sediment and carbon block filter prices were outrageous. Best bet is to order online.

CCapt,

Yeah I found that out yesterday. Geez. They wanted $45.00 for 2 carbon filters. I ended up buying everything I needed + the DI resin for 31.00 at Bulk Reef Supply online. I just didn't want to have to wait..

There is a guy on Ebay that sells filter kits with sets of 4 of everything except the membrane and has the di also. haven't bought yet but that is the cheapest I have found so far.

Remember that the filters sold at hardware stores are intended for drinking water RO systems - so you are unlikely to find the higher quality filters used in this hobby that have small pore sizes, higher capacity, etc.

And as you saw, the prices offered to the hobby by specialized vendors are much more reasonably priced.

Also - you'll not find any DI supplies at the hardware store.

Remember that there is a shelf life issue with DI resin - so we don't recommend that you buy more than you'll use in about 6 months.

Russ

Back