New Lighting Help - NOOB!

dankolle

Reefing newb
if your willing to give it a shot, and then let us know what you think that would be really cool, but i have to call Bravo Serria on his ebay add,

it sais
"Gives 100 Watts of light" but light isnt measured in watts, 100 watts of power on an incandescent light is different from the light you get with 100 watts of power going into a flourescent.

another thing, it sais that there is 198 led's, each putting out 3.5 lumens, but then it also says that its output is 697 lumens, but 3.5*198 dosent equal 697.

not to mention that the only approval is a ce approval, not a UL, and as we have all heard the horror stories about non UL approved devices....

it also sais water resistant, sorry, resistant? something like that either needs to be proof and submersable, or dont bother mentioning it at all,

if you try one, and if its really as good as advertised, and if its actually safe, then i'll pick up a few of them, but till i see some proof, i'm putting that one in the "too good to be true" pile.

not to mention that solaris LED fixtures are in the thousand dollar range. Remember in marine aquariums and in most aspects of life, you get what you pay for

Brian

not to mention that solaris LED fixtures are in the thousand dollar range. Remember in marine aquariums and in most aspects of life, you get what you pay for

Brian

new solaris fixtures don't exist.... PFO got sued into non-existence... don't get me started on how BS that was.

MH coverage = 2ft.
a DIY MH setup can be very cost effective.

from what I understand, the pattent dispute is on the dimming control not the use of LEDS. But I also am not a lawyer and for good reason. This legal crap just ticks me off. Any one that has taken a couple electronics classes could very easily design a basic LED dimmer. And then them saying something about there not being any cooling devices and our patent shows cooling fans. 90% of lighting hoods have fans!!!! To me, that patent should not have gotten through the patent office. It was too vague.

But like I said, there is a reason I am an electrician not a lawyer

Brian

Back