New and need help

adam.p

Reefing newb
Im looking at starting my own tank and have done some research. im only looking to start small with a few marine fish in possibly a 120L. i have heard to go a big as possible but
as i am only new i dont want to overload myself. i have found this tank Juwel Lido 120 Aquarium & Cabinet Black

It list heaters and lights that come included would these be acceptable or would i have to buy exrtas.

Thanks for any help

Those are nice looking tanks.

It seems the stuff it comes with would work well, but the bulbs may have to be upgraded if you are interested in some of the more picky corals. You will probably want to add a protein skimmer as well.

My tank is about the same size. I had the same idea about starting small, however it only took me a month or so to start wishing I had a bigger one. A lot of things apparently become easier with bigger tanks.

I wish I could have started with a tank around 190L.

This is a great forum, I'm sure some of the more experienced members can give you even better advice.

The lights are built into the hood that comes with the tank. Those lights are not sufficient for saltwater. You would have to get rid of the hood (lid) and buy a new set of lights. I have never seen an all-in-one setup like the one you linked to where you could just add more lights, unfortunately. It comes the way it comes, and to add more lights, you have to ditch the lights that it comes with, and the lid.

I'm not sure if they are available in the UK, but there are some very nice looking all-in-one setups similar to the one you linked to that are strong enough for saltwater. You may see if you can find any of the Red Sea Max, BioCube or CADLights systems. They look very nice and come with great lights, so you don't need to add anything.

The lights are built into the hood that comes with the tank. Those lights are not sufficient for saltwater. You would have to get rid of the hood (lid) and buy a new set of lights. I have never seen an all-in-one setup like the one you linked to where you could just add more lights, unfortunately. It comes the way it comes, and to add more lights, you have to ditch the lights that it comes with, and the lid.

I'm not sure if they are available in the UK, but there are some very nice looking all-in-one setups similar to the one you linked to that are strong enough for saltwater. You may see if you can find any of the Red Sea Max, BioCube or CADLights systems. They look very nice and come with great lights, so you don't need to add anything.

Okay thanks a lot :) I'll have a look at those tanks.

Back