New 14 Gallon Biocube Problems...HELP!

SaltwaterNoob17

Reefing newb
I just bought a 14 gallon oceanic biocube saltwater tank today and set it up, but for some reason I can't get the water level in the tank's back left filter area to fall in the range between the "minimum" and "maximum" readings on the biocube's wall. I followed the directions and the tank itself is filled to the waterline indicated in the direction pamphlet, yet the water level in the back left compartment of the tank will not rise. Is this a common occurrence? What's the problem? And how can I fix it?

Yeah...I thought I maybe didn't have enough water at first, but now if I add any more water the tank is going to overflow into the filter compartments. Any other suggestions?

Ignore the minimum/maximum lines on the biocube-- they're stupid and impossible to stay between. Fill your cube up way past what you think it can handle... that's the only way to keep the pump in the back left chamber from running dry. It won't overflow unless (with pumps off) all 3 of the back chamber AND the display part are too full. it has a kind of automatic overflow... the black part is lower than the rim of the tank, so any excess water falls over that black wall.

Good luck :)

Oh, I forgot to say-- I have a BC 29, and I keep my water level (in the morning) about 3-4" above the max fill line. By the time I get home, it's below the max line and close to running the pump dry. SO... it's ok to overfill a bit. :)

I have a Red Sea Max and it is set-up the same way. If you don't overfill it the it starts blowing out air bubbles because it's running close to dry.

Back