nanocube heat levels

Jay

Reefing newb
Good morning all,
I set up my new nanocube system and it seems to be doing reasonably well. The only problem I see is that the lighting is putting a lot of heat into the water in spite of the fans in the cover. I was considering getting some stainless steel tubing and making a heat exchanger so I could get it down to room temperature at least. Anyone know of a good source? Anyone have a broken chiller they want to get rid of?

Try craigslist or your LFS :D I know my LFS has a ton of used equipment at any given moment. I think some people add an extra fan blowing on the water surface.

Thats the biggest problem with those closed top cubes.
One trick you might try,is having a fan blow against the front of the tank.

I have the same tank, and I used to have that problem, I just used a small clip on fan blowing on the back sections during the day. It helped keep my temps down

I had that problem with my 24. I ended up opening the lid and proping it open a bit to allow more air flow, that did the trick for me.

I ditched the lid on my Biocube 29 and put a fan on the water. Its important ot have a good heater that will counter the fans if they cool too much. Only when the temp in my house gets up toward 90 do I then turn on central A/C. Yes --chillers are pricey.

Back