My skimmer if freakin out, man!!!

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
Up-Smoke-Cheech-Chong_l.jpg

Seriously guys. No, seriously.
Yesterday my skimmer started going krazy koo-koo, producing way more bubbles than normal and filling my collection cup with pretty much clear water within minutes.
W-T-F causes that??? :shock:

first thing i would check is to make sure that the water level that its sitting in didnt change, then i would be concerned if something got into the tank, like a cleaning product.. the other thing that you should check is the venturi... if it plugs up (at least on my octo 110) then it overflows the collection cup cause its pumping nothing but water(cause the venturi is plugged up and cant pass any air)

(cause the venturi is plugged up and cant pass any air)

I hate when that happens. :oops:

It's a crappy AquaC Urchin Pro. I unscrewed the little white cap inside for the injector and made sure it was all clean in there. And the height of my water never changes. Not sure what else to look for.

Not this week. I did feed with Rod's food the night before, but it never caused that to happen. It was going nuts over 24hrs later. Last night i had to raise the collection cup really high and i could hear the skimmer making a lot more noise than usual. This morning it was still loud, but since the collection cup was higher it wasn't filling up.

How old is the skimmer? I have a remora c pro and it only goes nuts if something gets in the water. All critters accounted for? Did someone die?

Nobody died that I know of. It's not going nuts in a good way like by producing more skim mate. It's just producing a bunch of clear water.

Mine did that everytime I added thie reef sake ich crap....are you sure nothing got in the water? I would test, did you do a water change recently?

Back