mushroom question

cthegame

Reef enthusiast
Can i remove some mushrooms from the rock? If so, how do i go about doing that? I have one small rock covered with mushrooms (all around) and i cant seem to place it anywhere solid without putting the weight of the rock on a few mushrooms.

I know they detach themselves sometimes but is there a way i can physically remove a few and put them someplace else?

Thanks.

The article says Rhodactis or "hairy mushroom" have been accepted as anemone substitutes by clowns. Anyone had any luck with this?

i saw a vid not to long ago with a clown hosting a shroom. ive never done it. dont clowns have a preferrd anemone. like a maroon likes BTA.

Clowns are clowns.Some will host with any EXCEPT an anemone,and others will take to whatever anemone you have.
I used to have a seba clown that loved xenia.

One of my tomato clowns hosts my hairy mushrooms. But this is after she's hosted (and killed) about 5 other corals that were nearby first.

Sometimes when clowns host in corals, they irritate them so much that the corals won't open anymore. If they don't open, they can't feed, and then they die.

I have clowns that host hairy shrooms.IME,it seems that larger clown species-maroon,tomato,clark seem to pick whatever.BTW,the hairy shroom was nearly a foot in diameter.

Yes,some of the rhodactis mushrooms get super huge.These were in my 72g. for over 5 years.I think there were some pics in my photo gallery.Since they changed the website,I have no idea how to access them.

Back