morey ell food/pinkey's

dannyboy

PLUHH
Hi again, my gf bought me this black stripe morey eel, he lives alone in my 56G, anyways, I also have a pet lizard I feed pinkies, frozen baby mice, seems like it would be very good for a carnivore, anyone have any input about this?

Not likely. Fish meat has essential fatty acids in it that other meats do not have. Specifically, saltwater fish meat. So even feeding freshwater feeder fish is not sufficient to keep saltwater predators alive and healthy.

I don't know if it'd do any harm to feed them to him once in a while, but I can say with some certainty that the eel wouldn't survive long term on a diet consisting solely of pinkies.

if you were to feed them pinkies, i would soak them in some selcon to make them some what nutritious, also you need to seal that tank up tight. eels are escape artistes

Ohh ya, lid is secured tight. OK, so maybe I'll feed it the pinkey once in a while. I currently feed him jumbo krill and silver sides, is there anything else LARGE I could be feeding him? I'm gonna put 4-5 damsels in with him, if he catches them then good, if not, color wouldn't hurt the tank. The shiners just seem small for him.

Back