Microbubble Problem :(

Here Are Clues 2nd one is my tank :3 for full size

Picture:

ir

ir

It seem to be coming from teh CPR Bak-Pak Protein Skimmer i just put in :/

What should the water level be at?

Is it possible that when calcium is low can it blow bubbles?

I do have my elbow on and the skimmer name is Bak-Pak 2R+
w/ Accela pump
and how do i get it to stop doing watery junks i want green tea like and it been 1 month :/ and plus i want to stop the bubble :grumble:

It doesn't have to do with calcium. It doesn't look like you have any corals, so calcium doesn't really matter in your tank anyways.

Do you use a tap water conditioner additive in your tank? If so, that's probably what's messing the skimmer up. Most skimmers are not compatible with tap water conditioners/dechlorinators.

You should be using RODI water for your tank. Switch to RODI water, so you don't need to use a dechlorinator. I bet that will fix the microbubble problem.

You can get a decent one for around $150. They will help prevent algae problems too. Check out thefilterguys.biz and filterdirect.com.

You should get at least a 4 stage unit. The rate at which it produces water (100 gallons per day? 150 gallons per day?) is up to you. And you have to factor in your budget. RODI units are kinda all the same...

Last edited:
I've had problems with micro bubbles too. One thing is that your skimmer will need a "break in" period and it can produce bubbles until after that. The water level might also cause them, but I have no experience with HOB type skimmers. Play around with the water level around the skimmer? But RODI is always going to be good for your skimmer and tank. If you can't get an RODI unit right now, try your LFS, a lot of times they sell RO water.

Even in an apt you could use an RO/DI unit. In my house I did not want to tap the water line so I created (rigged up) a valve that would split the water in two directions one to the cold supply for my washing machine and the other to the RO/DI unit. You would just have to get a little creative so that the solution would be temporary. I use the 150gpd 6 stage unit from PureWater Club and have had no issues, but I know that some people had some issues with them

I've had problems with micro bubbles too. One thing is that your skimmer will need a "break in" period and it can produce bubbles until after that. The water level might also cause them, but I have no experience with HOB type skimmers. Play around with the water level around the skimmer? But RODI is always going to be good for your skimmer and tank. If you can't get an RODI unit right now, try your LFS, a lot of times they sell RO water.

as if im 11 year old what should i ask them for ro water? and plus i got a powerhead :D! but they didnt sell saltwater API test kit they ran out ._. NUUUUUU!

I just bought a ro/di 100gal a day for $64 with free shipping from purewaterclub it comes with a sink adapter and if you have a washer hookup you can get a adapter for that which is what i did.
Would have linked to the one i bought but the site does not allow that, on the left side click ro systems then go down to portable.

as if im 11 year old what should i ask them for ro water? and plus i got a powerhead :D! but they didnt sell saltwater API test kit they ran out ._. NUUUUUU!

Yup, just call any LFS and ask them if they sell RO water. Most of the good LFS in my area sell saltwater and RO water.

You can also get RO water from any grocery store or Walmart. Most have water dispenser machines. If they don't, you can buy bottled distilled water, which is just as good as RO water.

You can also get RO water from any grocery store or Walmart. Most have water dispenser machines. If they don't, you can buy bottled distilled water, which is just as good as RO water.

I've seen that too, for me though, my LFS is actually closer than any of the other places that sell RO. Plus i go to my LFS once a week on average anyway :)

the microbubble stopped like a week later from Feb . 8 . 2011 on my birthday and i was wondering is it possible to place some rock rubbles in the output chamber on the CPR hang on back brand and do i need to do any maintain to it if i did place the rocks in? beucase i heard people put them in the sump for better cleaning and shinyer water and make more bacticer in it so is it possible?

Back