Major issue!!!

Waddi

Shenanigans?
Ok so i was testing again today and tested my water ammonia is high. So im like wtf? For a joke i tested fresh salwater i just mixed up, its got ammonia!?! WTF!?! So i then tested some RO water, test read zero! Uhhh whats going on. Need to test it by LFS but thats not going to happen soon. My corals are fine and all, but i think its maybe just my test kit, but the zero reading on RO has me puzzled....

When was your last water change? What is your livestock list, and is anything missing? Even CUC, make sure they are all accounted for as well.

Only corals, last WC was 1 week ago, to bring down my ammonia, which didnt work. And CUC is all accounted for. Im stumped, wth is it??

The only thing i can think of is bad salt?? Tested just the RO water and no salt, it was good. Im soo angry right now!

Well just emptyied old water and put in frensh made saltwater, even though my test says they both have high ammonia.

Is this an API Ammonia test by any chance? The first kit I had was bad, and it showed the same reading of ammonia for a month and a half. I took a sample to the LFS and had them test it, and it read 0

API kits seem to be hit or miss. My guess is if you get one thats been sitting on a shelf for a while it'll lead to inconsistencies.

I'm on API Alk kit 3 and I still cant get a consistent reading

Is it possible the mix water container itself has some toxin? I've seen this happen. Simply rinsing containers will not necessarily remove chlorine or ammonia.

I have a new bucket that i have rinsed and scrubbed, maybe thats it?? All my corals are open, even after killing all the flatworms i did the water change and they were good. All zoas frogspawn hammer and ricordea are all open and not doing anything unusual :?

Back