Little Bubbles

SoccerPro522

Reefing newb
My tank is full of these little bubbles. It is definitly not salt because the salt level is perfectly normal, it isnt debris from the filter system just checked it and cleaned it, water level is fine. It is not effecting the fish or inverts but it is just annoying to look at.

it sounds like you have microbubbles. they are usually tied to either your skimmer or your overflow. I assume that you are using a sump??? If the overflow in the sump is above the water line it will create bubbles that often get sucked up in the return and make their way into the display. It could also be that your skimmer either needs adjustment or has a leak. Usually both problems can be solved with baffling in the sump.

This is just a pic I found that shows the use of baffles so that air cannot get from the overflow/skimmer section to the return section. If you need help fixing it just ask here. This forum is full of helpful do it yourselfers.
812d1227161553-refugium-sump-setups-sump-pic.jpg

Figured it out the pump fell of its sucktion cups and was taking in air along with water sending it into the tank. Also it may have been that the skimmer wasnt taking in air properly, kink in pipe
Thanks for the help

Back