Limit on clean up crew?

If your tank is just getting started I'd say maybe 2 of each kind, asterea, nass, cerith and wait to add a turbo til you get some algae.
What kind of shrimp do you want? One skunk cleaner would be perfect and fun.

Ya my tank has been cycling for a little over a month now I have 5 red leg hermits and 2 asterea snails I was wondering if that's enough or if I should add more? I'll have to check out that skunk cleaner

I'd add a couple of different kinds of snails as they all do different stuff. The dwarf cerith are super tiny and can get into little crevices and the nass snails get deep in the sand bed, etc.
Skunk cleaner shrimp are the best! Always out and about, my fave thing to watch in my tank.

I've got a 29 biocube as well.

I added the following a few at a time during the first few months i had my tank setup.

7 branded trochus snails
5 nerite snails
4 cerith snails
a dozen tiny blue leg crabs
around 30 dwarf cerith snails
9 or 10 nass snails
And a fuzzy chiton

I had a couple of other crabs that started getting big and killing snails. Next time I will avoid the crabs in favor of a bigger snail variety.

These guys do a great job geeping the rocks clean, and I hardly ever have to scrape the glass.

I've got a 29 biocube as well.

I added the following a few at a time during the first few months i had my tank setup.

7 branded trochus snails
5 nerite snails
4 cerith snails
a dozen tiny blue leg crabs
around 30 dwarf cerith snails
9 or 10 nass snails
And a fuzzy chiton

I had a couple of other crabs that started getting big and killing snails. Next time I will avoid the crabs in favor of a bigger snail variety.

These guys do a great job geeping the rocks clean, and I hardly ever have to scrape the glass.

Ok cool so should I keep adding bigger shells in there so they don't start killing eatchother?

I tried providing empty shells, but they never liked any of them.

I had a few thin striped hermits who seemed to like just eating snails, even if their shell was too small for them to jack.

I don't know about the red leg crabs, but if they grow slow and stay small like the blue leg crabs do you shouldn't have a problem.

The crabs just don't seem to eat algae nearly as good as snails.

Back