Lighting?

You have a 55 gallon right? Is it a standard 4 foot tank? If so, I would look for a 4 foot fixture not a 3 foot one.

I have 96 watts of t5's over my 29 gallon tank. The clam I have is doing wonderful.

You can probably get away with keeping a clam with that lighting, but its cutting it close. If it has individual reflectors then I'd say its ok.

I'm no expert on keeping clams but I know my LFS doesn't even want to sell you one unless your tank has been up and running for a year.

Just a note about aquarium guys ,they are a good little company..not sure if you used them before or not...i get all my supplies from them..just got a second nova t-5 from them...

I'm no expert on keeping clams but I know my LFS doesn't even want to sell you one unless your tank has been up and running for a year.

Better to get lighting for everything you want to keep instead of having to upgrade it in a year so that you can keep clams though

The Current Nova Extremes do not have individual reflectors.The Current Sundials(4x39w) and the Current Nova Pros(6x39w) are the ones that do have individual reflectors.

I would not try any clams except T.derasa under the Extremes.Clams mid-level or higher with the Sundials or anywhere with the Pros.

So would a T. derasa be ok under the nova extremes midlevel in the tank? I looked those other lights and they are out of my budget.

Also with the extremes would i be able to do SPS higher up in the tank?

If i have to cross it off my "i want" list its no biggie, i just want to be informed.

Back