lighting question

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
i have an oceanic biocube 29gallon and i have a lighting question, i notice since i have 1 fluorescent light and one daylight i notice that its a lil darker on the side that doesnt have the daylight over it. is there anything i can do. i was thinking of having one solid daylight and the other bulb thats fluorescent have that become a half and half. half fluorescent half daylight, but that will take away from my fluorescent lighting.. i think it might not have the tank looking crisp which fluorescent does make happen. also where the bulbs are instead of having metal for lights to reflect off of, can i put small square pieces of glass to reflect all light?? ?? ??:frustrat:

I think you have your terminology mixed up.
Fluorescent is the "STYLE" of bulb.
Daylight, or Actinic...etc. is a color of bulb.

The stock biocube comes with (2) dual compact fluorescent bulbs.
These are typically both 10,000K daylight bulbs.

If you are planning corals, you could do (2) 50/50 bulbs or (1) of daylight, (1) of actinic (or 50/50).

I do believe you have (2) plain white daylights in there though.

You may want to check out nanotuners.com too.
They do some nice lighting upgrades on the nano-tanks.

:-)

no i have 1 actinic and 1 daylight. they both work but one is infront of the other and ofcourse the side with the whitelight will shine more... so should i keep the daylight and add one half and half (half actinic half daylight) that will boost me up to 3/4 daylight and 1/4 actinic but would my tank lose alot of that nice looking blue actinic

Back