Lighting quandry

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
I'm still having trouble with deciding on what light to get. I found this fixture on Ebay, but I've never heard of the brand or even seen anyone post about this fixture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/30"-SOLAR-T5--A...mZ350156078473QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I've thought about a Sundial but I've seen contradicting comments about them. Saying that the reflectors aren't really what you'd think and the timers break and such. So that's made me kinda hesitant on buying one.

The Sunpod's look nice but I don't want to have to deal with the heat issue. And I can't suspend anything from the wall or ceiling to get more height.

I know I've posted a few times about this but after finding that light on Ebay I'm just looking for some feed back. Maybe someones seen one in action or actually heard of it. And on Ebay you can never tell if anything is legit. Thanks guys!

Thats a Catalina. I bought a 72" version for my 180. It turned out to be the most horrid piece of crap I've bought to date in Aquaria. I have a product review here you can look up. I ended up losing $125US returning it due to "restocking fees" didn't matter, I cut my losses and ran. Lighting a 30" is hard, personally I'd go with a 24" tek or the new nova extreme 24" with individual reflectors. It's shorter, but you'd only have 3" on each side and you'll never notice it with a good light. I ended up going with a 60" instead of a 72, and because I bought a good light, its way brighter anyways, even on the sides.

Check out Bob's Ghetto Build, and there are tons of pics of both the catalina and the Sfiligoi. You'll see what I mean

Thats a Catalina. I bought a 72" version for my 180. It turned out to be the most horrid piece of crap I've bought to date in Aquaria. I have a product review here you can look up. I ended up losing $125US returning it due to "restocking fees" didn't matter, I cut my losses and ran. Lighting a 30" is hard, personally I'd go with a 24" tek or the new nova extreme 24" with individual reflectors. It's shorter, but you'd only have 3" on each side and you'll never notice it with a good light. I ended up going with a 60" instead of a 72, and because I bought a good light, its way brighter anyways, even on the sides.

Check out Bob's Ghetto Build, and there are tons of pics of both the catalina and the Sfiligoi. You'll see what I mean

I was looking up product reviews for the Catalina on Google and your above mention thread came up. I read it and decided def. NOT to invest in it. I'm looking around for different kinds of clamp-on types of mounts for hanging fixtures. so maybe I can get a 24" nova extreme or Tek.

THANKS Nathan and Melon!

Back