ID please??

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
I got some new LR today and theres some stuff on it that im not sure about. Also have a quick question, when feeding the frozen Mysis Shrimp, do you have to mix it with water and let it thaw out or can you just drop it in the tank and let it defrost in there?

This guy goes back in his "shell" at the slightest movement so it was hard to get a pic
n1500930697_30566689_2868.jpg

The top pic is a feather duster.Completely reef safe,filter feeder.The second is an orange ball sponge,which is another harmless filter feeder.

Thaw the mysis before feeding.The water its frozen is if full of nitrates and phosphates.So just thaw in a seperate cup or something,then use feeding tongs to add it to the tank.

Nope.Neither one requires any special light.They are both easy.Might be a good idea to feed a touch of zooplankton once in a while though.That will keep them happy and thriving.

right now the only frozen food i have is mysis shrimp, any other good ideas for food?? I will have a lawnmower blenny and 2 clowns

I got a couple of new things sprouting up in my tank that i cant ID, any help?

The second one, looks like it has tree roots for tentacles, i dont know how to better explain it, and the first one ha clear tentacles
n1500930697_30568176_8583.jpg
I
n1500930697_30568177_8924.jpg

do they spread quick or what? how exactly do you get rid of it? the one in the pic is just one of the bigger ones, i have few that are smaller and spread out everywhere.

get a syringe and inject them with a kalk paste, that usually kills them. and they spread very quick and will take over your tank in no time. just ask biff

You make a paste from kalkwaster and shoot it with a syringe. You can get Mrs.Wages pickling lime from the grocery store. It is the same thing as kalk but a lot cheaper.

Neither one of those are aiptasia.The pic on the left is a type of cup coral that is common on live rock.Its non-photosynthic and completely safe.
The pic on the right is some type of worm.Its more or less a filter feeder that generally stays hidden inside the rock except when its feeding.

I also have 2 of these... who recently sprouted a smaller one that embedded itself in my sandbed, i heard they sprad quick and are a pest, whats the best way to get rid of them? just rip them out?
n1500930697_30568283_7423.jpg

Back