Help red slime!

kennedy98

Reefing newb
well lately my red slime has been blooming like theres alot of it in there i started useing RO water and i started useing algae remover which also covers red slime but is there anything else i can do to help it? and also me clownfish likes to stay on top of this rock covered in red slime likehes still swimmimg and eating but he stays like ontop of the rock and is protective of it any ideas thanks

Kennedy,Here is THE best way to get rid of slime.
#1 Mix up enough water for a 30 to 40% water change.
#2 Siphon out as much of the slime as possible.
#3 Cut the lights out for 3 or 4 days.
#4 The day you turn the lights back on,do another 30 to 40% water change
#5 Set up a reactor or something and run some phosphate media of some kind.

+1 Yote!

LOL! You've got it down to a number sequence. I can't count on my hands or feet how many times I've read your response to this question. (sorry, a lil. drunk)

It's the phosphates, test your Nitrate, Nitrite, and PO4 and get back to us. I get that all the time and it's when I slack off on the water changes. I also run these white balls in my canister to clear it up, takes a few days. My po4 is now 0, and Nitrate and Nitrites at 0 also. The clown is "hosting" the hair of the algae I suppose.

Don't use algae remover, you don't need any chemicals. Do those steps Yote said, do those tests, and get back to us - test not just your water in your tank, but the water before you add it to the tank. You keep asking the same question but aren't giving us the whole picture, so we can't really help you.

I'd also cut down on your feeding a bit - that's most likely one of the fuels to your cyano problem.

Oh, and try to use some better punctuation! I know I'm not the only one who has to read and reread your post to decipher what you're saying!!

Alex

sorry for the grammar i am not good at it. and i am gong to do what yote said i have about 30 gallons of saltwater ready and i am going to do a water change later.

sorry for the grammar i am not good at it. and i am gong to do what yote said i have about 30 gallons of saltwater ready and i am going to do a water change later.

just wanted to mention this in case you misread him...yote said 30%, not 30 galons (30 gals would be more than a 50% water change on a 55 gal tank).

Back